Internal Competitions 2016-2017.
Click on each competition to see the results.
- Competition Hand in Judge
- First PDI Competition Sep 22nd 2016 Mr Mike Davis
- First Print Competition Oct 27th 2016 Mr John Fletcher CPAGB
- Second PDI Competition Dec 1st 2016 Mr Simon Ray LRPS BPE2*
- Second Print Competition Jan 12th 2017 Mr Alf Myers
- Third PDI Competition Feb 16th 2017 Mr Norman Thompson DPAGB LBIPP
- Third Print Competition Mar 30th 2017 Mr Nick Hilton EFIAP DPAGB BPE5*
- AV Competition Feb 16th 2017 Mrs Julie England ARPS DPAGB AV-AFIAP BPE2*
- Triptych Competition Jan 19th 2017 Panel of Members
- Battle of the Sexes May 11th 2017 TBA
- Photo-Challenge One : 'Work' Oct 6th 2016 Panel of Members
- Photo-Challenge Two : 'After Dark' Dec 8th 2016 Panel of Members
- Photo-Challenge Three : 'Dawn and/or Dusk' Apr 20th 2017 Panel of Members
Guidance on the format of images submitted for the Projected Digital Image Competition and the Triptych Competition are given as a pdf file on the Downloads page of this website. To view this guidance, please click here.
Nature (Specialist Subject)
Nature photography covers images of living birds, plants, animals, fungi etc. provided that they are not domesticated or cultivated. It also covers subjects such as weather and geology provided they are titled to show their significance in the natural world. Photographs of animals which are domesticated, as well as photographs of cultivated plants, are ineligible. Photographs of semi-wild animals in captivity (eg. zoos or nature reserves), or under other forms of restraint, are acceptable provided this is disclosed by the entrant in the title.
Minimal evidence of humans is acceptable, such as barn owls or storks adapting to an environment modified by humans, or natural forces, like hurricanes or tidal waves, reclaiming it.
Any manipulation of the image is limited to minor re-touching of blemishes, exposure, sharpening etc. and must not alter the content of the original scene. Titles must be specific and correct. Latin titles are not essential if the species can be accurately titled in English.
New PAGB and L&CPU Nature Rules
In conjunction with FIAP, PSA and RPS, the PAGB have recently issued a new definition for entries in the Nature section of their competitions. Click here to download this definition. For the moment, our Internal Competitions will NOT be adopting this definition, but any members entering L&CPU or PAGB Nature Competitions should be aware of these rules.